Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My 1st Display Cabinet(s)

The smadal bookcase, which is in turn is deco plate display cabinet to me.
In fact, it will accomodate not only deco plate, but also my other collections as I dont have a kitchen cabinet to store them in the limited spaced kitc.
Having started my deco plates collections, I strongly need proper display cabinet to put all the acquisition. And having a 3-yrs old daughter made the needs more to necessary, because i would not want her to keep uploading and downloading (bring up, bring down = housekeeping!) the plates all over the house.
So after lovely (ahem!) hubby approved the purchase, I brought her to Ikea to get wat I had eyed for quite sometimes, Smadal Cabinet. This cabinet is quite cheap at RM429 per unit, (compared to those way too overpriced whitey english furniture). Got 2, and also Biby Glass Display Unit (very light at RM299), some Lanni white chair for our dining table, proper dine chair for a little one, i was half satisfied!
Wait until hubby saw the bill then!He will jump to sky to see the 4 digits. Patience, patience.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh!My deepest apology to you Jaz, coz I just read yor comment.Yes...its just like a dream come true but still I am on tight budget.Think tat my hubby will only approve it when we are moving to our own hse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi. if u are ever thinking of selling your display cabinets, pls let me know :-) looking for preloved ones to match mine :-)

    ReplyDelete