Monday, January 24, 2011

Pets and Cats: Part II : (Another?) Death

(Here is another lengthy essay, so readers beware and sit tight!)

My emotion have suffered from few cats deaths before.
As we grew older, we tend tend to become a bit emotional, after passing few emotionals, tragedies, broken hearts, hurts moments in the life cycles.

Yes, nothing is more saddening watching someone die (or pass away) in front of us, even some of us may shed tears watching the scenes from soaps (or Cerekarama, or Hindustanis movies).
But nothing beats the melodramatics of real life experience itself.

Comel's girlfriend, the late Comot has given birth 2 times.
Comot is a local stray cat that my mother-in-law suggests to my hubby to bring back to KL to be Comel abd Abus' companions.
Because, they are giving me endless headache of their horny howling.
Believe me, its very stressful.
And I was worried that their howles will disturb our neighbors.

When staying with us, Comot has never been vaccinated.
And she was so skinny.
Poor thing I underlook the matter.
My guess was she was malnourished when being a strays, so in the hope our usual cat food diet will fatten her a bit.
But still her conditions not much improved.

Even in her less healthy condition, she has given birth to 4 (again?) lovely kittens.
Two browns and two oranges and there are Comels'.
Sadly none managed to survive even with her breastfeeds.

Her 2nd birth were last 3rd AidilFitri.
Two blacks and two greys.
No need to guess, they are definitely Abus'.
She breastfeed them, but one bad day she was too weak to live.
She passed away during emergency examination at Jln Tun Razak Animal Centre on 3rd October.
Leaving all the fours.

So I bought four feeding bottles with nipples and few packs of kitten milk.
But they are too weaks to survive too, two passed away one after one.
Even though with their previous breastfeed milk when the mum was alive, her worsened condition did not provide a good antibody to them.
I've learned my lesson enough so on 4th I brought Comel and Abu to vet for a complete feline vaccination.

That left us with the remaining two who managed to remain alive , we named them Hitam and Beleh (because she is so petite).
A pair of male and female.
They like to play together, chasing and wrestling.
Since I dont want to cage arrest them so much like Comel and Abu, I let them cage-free in our front yard.

But they sometimes cross the fence and play under my car parked outside, and it across the road location that worries me much.
I tried to calm myself, trying to accept the fact that the road is a dead-end lane for the houses in the row usage.
Anywhen possible when I noticed they were playing there I will shout them to come inside the garden and they abide.

But, last 3rd, around 8pm on the Monday nite, a car speed in front my house and Hitam was crossing the road.
I was at the gate watching the accident.
The white MyVi driver (none of our neighbor, but maybe someone's visiting friend) bumped Hitam.
He just went off.

Its less than 150m in front of me.
In pain he crawled slowly back to me.
When I held him in my lap, he was in a pain and struggling.
In 5 secs, he went off. No blood, maybe internal injury.

I was like, crazy for a while.
In all states of bad emotions I can describe: sad, angry, dissappointed, angry, guilty, sorrow, heartbroken, grieved,dispaired, distressed, etc etc.
Beleh came inside right after the mishap.
So I put them in the cage with her gone brother Hitam resting on their bed for the last time.
My brother came back from his outing and we digged for his grave next to my car parking across the road.
He was buried to peace that night.

My hubby came back from office and was very mad at me he even teased me to let go off all the cats so that car can hit them, or others keep them inside their house (because Comel is so...people tend to do so with beautiful things they like even though the things are not abandon property. Yes, by rule of tort anybody can posses an abandon, unclaimed property.)
Now, we only have one kitten; Beleh for Waielah to cuddle and play with......
~Beleh in the cage with her dead brother.
As I was enjoying their companies very much, I really didnt snap any photo of Hitam at all not knowing one day he will leave us all....

1 comment: