Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DIY-Fabric Organiser

I am in desperate need of art/craft, or sewing room with a proper storage station.
Reasons (lets find one if I didnt have yet) : I am into more sewing and crafting than folk art'ing than before.

So far, everything was done in my dining table.
And my sweet petite closet has became my storage.
Since more new things are coming and I have declutterred to provide for some space.

The idea is from http://www.bhg.com/ magazine of 100 Decorating Ideas Under $100 (their Dollar of course).
Good news is, to make something like this organiser, just used whatever you had in hand.

So I just used my fabrics balance from the cushion project to do the board, some pink polka dot felt , and some same pink polka dots cotton in 45x45cms swap I bought from RM5 Daiso store last year.
http://www.daiso-sangyo.co.jp/english/storeinfo/malaysia.html

Think that I dont need to explain the how-tos for making this organiser, because it is so easy that most people can imagine just by looking at it.

But to be generous to share here it is:

1. Cut 2 pcs of fabric, size according to your desired width and length.

2. Sew pockets in front of one of them, up to you the size and quantity.

3. Place the pieces together, right side facing, and sew three sides closed, leaving the top open.
Mine, before sewing them I attach some DIYed frills in checked red.

4. Turn right side out.

5. Slide a piece of fusible web between the layers and press.

6. Insert lengths of ribbons (folded in half) at each corner top and stitch the top closed.

7. Tie the ribbons to the hanger.I didnt use hangers, I straight away tie the ribbons to the plastic hanger clip that was hammered to the back of closet door.

Voila, here is the result then:~penny wise, its worth it. And you can extend the leghth and width of it to add more pockets, and storage space of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment