Saturday, January 23, 2010

New House Challenges 1

Moving from 750sqft flat to a bigger 1600 house needs a bigger commitment too.
I wonder how did those who live in a mansion or a bungalow, or a bigger than mine survive.
The challenge is to coordinate and decorate it with the minimum ornament at the min cost too.
Not too grand, or a palace standard, where a formal function (or a ball?so English, no we dont have it here anymore) usually held with numerous guests who are normally dignitaries, statesmen, ministers, big taicoons, etc.

My ideal is a humble one, not too shabby but still chic.
I cant afford to have a shabby deco design, because without it I have been screaming like Jane's Tarzan to the little one who continuously mess the house whenever possible, especially when mumy is cooking in the kitchen, showering upstairs, taking a quick nap even for 10 mins, or vegging on sofa watching soaps.

Having friends also helps in deco idea, and a sister has suggested me to cover the open bookcase which I stacked my kitchen ration with a simple checkered curtain.~Without the sewing machine, I managed to sew it by hand and it the result is not bad at all...Thanks to a generous sis's idea
~and this kitchen cafe curtain sewn before I had the overcharged-traitor-tailor trauma!
So impressive someone I trust dares to take advantage on me
I am still pressing my head of where to hang my wall shelves to put my more enamel colllections, and getting another Smadals (coz it is so cheap at $429 per cabinet) for the existing Churchill that currently are double stacked in the shelves for limited spaces problem. And also I am getting my Botanic Garden set soon. And the never ending list goes on and on as usual...
~got these talams from a shop in Paka~one of the items that was placed at the wrong place for reasons above
~the butterfly-embossed jar (or jug?)~I want to name this as "the Three Polka Dots Pots on Sleigh"~the 3-tier tin, so far they are empty, dont know what to put. Maybe as just deco items, so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment