Thursday, July 2, 2009

When We Say 'I Do'

An entry in my buddy brother Vadai blog on 'I am Not that Scary' touched me.
Yet some out there like me are wondering to whom it may be dedicated to, that person must pay a subsequent attention and seriousity..
In Muslim wedding, as opposed to the Christians (other religion may practice it too that I dont know), there is a ritual called exhanging vow. Where both couple, generally will vow to each other that to take their mate in whatever less blessing condition of whether during poor, sick, and only death can tear them apart.
This is absent in Muslim wedding.
But the moment that a woman like me say yes to a man to enter into a contract name marriage, naturally the same vows are expected from both sides.
Then what happen one day, if one party starts demoralised the other one with endless torture for being sick(?), even though tender care has been practiced in taking care the whole body sytem by avoiding few self-deteriorating culprits like: drugs, drinks, multiple sex partners, smoking etc etc....
Being not vowing the 'vow' during the wedding make one clueless of how to protect and defend his/herself from the degrading party.
This has triggered many questions in my head, actually its countless and is accelerating.
That am I really a bad person, a bad 'one side' who doesnt support the system? That I deserve this BAD?
For those all my loving fella out there regardless of gender, who are still single and having choices, please choose wisely.
Get whatever opinion you can get on the one you are going to say 'yes' to.
And for those who had, please accept my bests of all. Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment