Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Passport Holders (PH) Part I

With more tools available for DIY, I have started my little small humble sewing project with passport holders.

~The inspiration was from LC passport holder that I bought few years ago from Mrs June Miller.

For a dummy starter like me, my free advise is to sketch the outline from the original (in my case the black LC) over an A4 paper.
If some measurement doesnt fit enough, you may need to extend the paper using some cellophene tape.
Extend your imagination a little bit wild (?) to imagine for other inlays corners or pockets if desired. Also imagine the fold to make it like a book fold.

Then provide for some seam allowances for, maybe, 1 inch each edge.
After that, we can start to cut the fabric according to the measurement calculated from the paper plan/drawing/layout.
And sew with patience!.
Sorry I didnt attach a step-by-step instruction.

And, voila, my 1st PH was this:

~in green forest fabric made of thick cotton sourced from lovely Kelly of http://fabricfanatics.blogspot.com/

Few mistakes were made, and I admitted it.
But believe me, as time goes by, I improvised.
So the learning curve was never stopped.
For 2nd, 3rd and so on, some near-to-perfect outcomes attained.

~the inner layout

~I stitched a readymade label to it too! sourced from same as above

~the snap-on-button I install using the pliers and other tools supplied in the kit


OVERALL, I have just partly-justified all the money spend are worthy every penny, and for good cause to me, only, for the moment.


**********to be continued************

No comments:

Post a Comment