Saturday, May 8, 2010

Teacher's Day Wood Plaque Project

After spending a week at kg while attending my niece wedding at Balok Kuantan, I am now back to KL for action.

Frankly I've been ignoring folkart for a while, with lots , lots of excuse.
Firstly, almost all my mediums have finished.
Then after charging a card (coz I am short of cash, or should I say penniless?), part of my gadgets are half completed.
After that, I realised I have also finished my white gesso.

With the order received fr my two nieces at Kemaman gave me reason to be at the store again.
Having gesso in hand, the search were then aimed to 19 pcs of wooden plaques at the most economical cost (coz they are student with limited budget), saw me off to OU, the Curve, Midvalley and then back again to the Curve.

After paying 4 parking tickets, and few times Touch n Go swiping, the hunting day was called off.
Mission completed, and me, the lil one and my brother lifted our heavy fat ass home.
We arrived home safely and satisfied.

So, days were filled with the chores, from preparing the woods surfaces, gessoing, back ground colouring, painting, and varnishing.
~the woods ready to be coloured for back ground ~for wording insertion, with head banging of which brush to use for the little small words~after words been inserted

~zoom on one of the so deeply humble piece

Today I just realised that I need a Medium that I should get during earlier store visit, hargggg....

No comments:

Post a Comment