Thursday, April 1, 2010

Courtesy Letter

"Payment slip to A/R
Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:28:15
From: <>
Add To: wecare@astro.com.my
Cc: stwdkl@stwd.com.my
Astro pyt 1apr2010 final settlement $260 50 cts.xps (189KB)

( Please forward this email to the respective Account Receivables in charge, thank you! )

With respect to your demand for apyment notice from Sidek Teoh Wong & Dennis ref no :ASTRO/03/2010 dated 24th March 2010, please accept the attached payment receipt for the demanded pyt of RM260.50 .
Please accept my apology for the late pyt. I wont be able to fax to you the receipt as I was at home without fax facility and I had printed it in the paperless paper version so that an email correspondences is acceptable by your good self.

Name : My Name
Account No: 083255805-9
Tel No : My fon No

Please do not hesitate to give me a call for any discrepancies. Thank You, Good Day!!"


Hi All Bloggers!

Today's entrance is very different rather than my usual.
Been in Account Dept for quite a while during my previous employment where out bound and inbound collections effort were scrutinisely monitered by my Head, I doubt I knew this better just like millions of AR's or collectors out there
So when my money is floating in the bank, today, I straight away clicked on my internet banking.
A very convenient way to loose your money rather than wasting your car fuel, taxi fare, or receiving a summon Love Letter from MPAJ/DBKL for mis-parked.
And also, a reason a collector can question you in return when you are giving them all those melancholics excuses (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/melancholic ) for not being able to pay the bill/due.


So I am partly relieved when their autoreply (I assumed) replied in this within seconds:
( 1 . but lets wait for tomorrow, or a day after tomorrow for their answer)
( 2. Moral of the story : Pay your bill (s). Ha hah ha haa ha hi hi hi he he he he...going insane...)

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Astro Contact Centre. We have received your recent email and our Correspondence Unit will be responding to you within the next business day.

For immediate clarification on our products and services, you may also refer to our website at http://www.astro.com.my or alternatively contact our Customer Service at 1 300 82 3838.

Please note our working hours are from Mondays to Fridays between 9am to 9pm and Saturday, Sunday 9am to 1pm.

Regards,

Correspondence & Operations, Astro"

3 comments:

  1. baru tadi orang astro called cakap ade tunggkan but then i told him that aku dah bayo...bayo lebih lg. aku tensen ngan astro lately..rancangan pun agak bodoh like halimah jongang

    ReplyDelete
  2. kesian kau.laki aku suh reconnect balik. aku tggu die punyer plasma tv baru la kan...sbb wlh asyik nk gi opis tgok astro kat bilik die ha ha ha ha ...nanti lah waielah...asyik main putar cd chipmunk & chippetes berkali2 smapai aku nk muntah beb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha
    now astro aku dah reconnect. tp yang aku hangen is...ade je kuar services not available celah2 time tengok. nak wat report..tgu aku balik makkah kot. tensi weh. bab bayo suh cecepat tp service dah makin KO

    ReplyDelete